MANICURE MUSE: DSquared² AW’12
Need a date to the prom anyone? Better claim one of the DSquared² models quick, because these ladies are the definition of cool. Staged as a High School prom (complete with disco balls), the DSquared² show concluded Milan Fashion Week with an early 1960s vibe. The models donned bouffant hairdos, pointy-toed pumps and sunglasses that are heading straight to the top of my “must-have” list. This look in particular is the perfect mix of 60s edge with modern day flair.
To recreate, I used Soul Mate by Essie, Papaya Punch by China Glaze and a white nail art brush.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Visually divide your nail into thirds- use tape if it helps
2. Paint the top third of your nail a dark maroon
3. Paint the middle portion of your nail marigold
4. Paint the bottom third of your nail the same dark maroon
5. Using a white nail art brush, paint a line of white where the colors intersect
6. Make another white line halfway through the middle of the marigold portion
7. Apply a white line at the very top of your nail following your cuticle curve
8. Fix any mess around the cuticle
9. Top it off with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat